Who can join?
A boy can join our pack if he:
- Is a Tiger: Completed kindergarten or in the first grade.
- Or Is Cub Scout: Completed first grade, but not completed third grade.
- Or is a Webelos Scout: Completed third grade, but not completed fifth grade.
Please follow these procedures, these are all required steps:
- Cub Scout Application is the first step to register with our pack
- A youth application, which can be submitted here: https://my.bsa.us/092paa0012mb.
- An adult application, which can be submitted using the same link https://my.bsa.us/092paa0012mb. It is a decision by the pack committee to have at lease one parent/guardian to be registered from each family, to volunteer at least in one of the committee or leadership positions.
- Health and Medical Record/Form:
- This form contains health history, medications, immunizations and emergency contact information.
- The form can be downloaded from our resources page and printed.
- Parts A and B can be filled by the scout parent or guardian, and to be returned to the membership coordinator as soon as possible.
- Part C is required at least one month before summer camp, and it must be completed by certified and licensed physicians (MD, DO), nurse practitioners, or physician assistants.
- This form is valid for one year only and must be resubmitted annually.
- Youth Protection Training:
- For all adult members, Youth Protection Training is required for all BSA registered volunteers, to have the most secure and safe environment possible for our youth members.
- Youth Protection training must be taken every two years. If a volunteer’s Youth Protection training record is not current at the time of recharter, the volunteer will not be re-registered, which may affect the troop activities and outings.
- The training is an online 25 minutes long course.
- Start here: http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
- All applications for membership are required to take Youth Protection training within 30 days of registration.
Starting 2018, fees are divided into three parts:
- Boy Scout of America registration fees: this is $33.00 per year per application (1 scout and 1 parent will be $66.00), and can be paid online using the same link for registration.
- Pack fees are $40.00 per year per scout. The pack fees are to cover equipment, storage, some events, ceremonies and trips, online tools, badges and adventure pins. Please pay fees by check, payable to “Pack 12”.
- Camp-out and Outings and some activities require additional fees to cover meals, equipment and camp fees. We usually do 2 or three camps per year each can cost in the range of $40.00 per scout.
- Boys’ Life magazine subscription is optional, but recommended.
- The BSA and Boys’ Life fees are nonrefundable. Pack membership fees may be refunded with the committee chair approval.
- To renew the registration and the membership we collect the new year fees by last week of October of each year.
Uniform & Handbook
It is the scout’s responsibility to purchase his uniform and his scout handbook from the the local scout shop or online. For details about uniform, please check this page: https://masatlanta.org/programs/scouting/cubscouts/uniform/
For more details contact us.