BSA issues a charter through the local Council to a Chartered Organization, like the Mosque, Church, School or other organization that owns your unit, our unit is chartered by Muslim American Society (MAS) – Roswell, GA, which allows it to use a BSA program to serve youth in its community. For example, a Cub Scout Pack uses Cub Scouting to serve boys and girls in the kindergarten through fifth grades. BSA requires that the charter be renewed annually to continue using the program. We call that annual renewal “recharter”.
What else happens during recharter? In addition to renewing the unit charter, recharter time is when all youth and adult members (leaders) renew their membership in BSA. Our unit collects all of its member dues or fees on an annual basis, that collection often takes place at recharter too. Our unit should also complete the application for the Journey To Excellence Award.
Here is a calculator to help you know how much you may need to pay as a family for both Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA:
|$75 /member/year (BSA Fees)
+ $55 /member/year (Pack Fees)
Troop 12B & Troop 12G
|$75 /member/year (BSA Fees)
+ $75 /member/year (Troop Fees)
|Scout Life Magazine
|$15 /subscription/year + 6% taxes|
|$45 /member/year (BSA Fees)|
* The number if volunteers, parents or guardians may vary per family, families with boys and girls may need to register both parents.
- The BSA Fees and the Scout Life magazine above are paid completely to Atlanta Area Council to cover BSA membership and magazine subscription if selected, and these are due on Nov 1st of each year.
- Pack and Troop fees covers equipment, storage, some events, ceremonies, online tools, online payment fees, badges and awards.
- In case you can’t pay on the due date, please contact us as soon as possible and we will let you know your options. It is very important to us to make scouting affordable for all families. Feel free to contact the unit committee chair or the unit leader as you feel comfortable.
- Fees will be collected by the unit, for Pack 12, the fees are collected using ZohoBooks, while for Troop 12 B & G the fees are collected using TroopWebHost, you will be contacted by your unit for more details and the exact amounts.
- For all registered adults, Youth Protection Training – YPT – must be valid by March 31st due to the time to process every unit recharter.
- Volunteers are unpaid, they are donating their effort, time and money including paying their own BSA fees! We can not thank them enough, Jazahom Allah Khayran! The program can not run without them. Learn more about volunteering in scouting, and see here why they are essential to the scouting program.
- Health Forms (three copies):
- Health Form with all sections A, B and C (Section C need to be filled and signed by a physician, for summer or winter camps and any events 72 hours or more). Health Form fillable file can be downloaded from this link: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_abc.pdf
- Copy of Medical Insurance card for the scout (If the scout doesn’t have health insurance it is not an issue, please just let the Scoutmaster know)